“Among women aged between 15 and 44, acts of violence cause more death and disability than cancer, malaria, traffic accidents and war combined.”
Femin Ijtihad (FI) and Friends of FI are participating in 16 Days of Activism against gender-based violence by conducting a few activities.
We hope you can contribute to one of them – :)
1. We are assembling a tapestry of handwritten messages on ending violence against women.
2. How you can help?
- Handwrite a message or note on a paper suggesting an end to violence against women.
- The note can be as short as “No to Violence Against Women’ or “Stop Violence Against Women’.
- We will put this on our blog and partner UN page for the “Say No to Violence Campaign”.
- This will run along other advocacy campaigns we are partnering with other organizations this December!
- Forward this message to your friends and families.
- This is ONE of 16 steps we can take to raise awareness. Make this part of your own civic awareness!
Some links and reads of interest:
16 Days of Activism – SAY NO TO VIOLENCE
Know the real facts and figures of the primary cause of women’s death
Read FI Analysis on Stoning for adultery in Afghanistan
Support Afghan Women’s Demands at Bonn by signing this petition
Outcome of the Free Gulnaz petition – Karzai intervened
Read FI Analysis on how we can work with male abusers